“In silence I make sound decisions ”
— Paul J Rogers
Musician| Producer | Environmentalist
Brisbane-based Paul J Rogers grew up in the south-eastern suburbs of Sydney in the 1980’s, in a place affectionately known as ‘The Shire’ (post LoTR).
Paul started playing guitar and writing music at age 14. His sound was influenced by the rock politics of Midnight Oil, the infectious grooves of INXS, and the atmospheric landscapes of U2.
Paul experienced degrees of success with Real Life Exit (RLX) in the early 1990’s playing prestigious venues such as Lee's Palace (Toronto), as well as Selina’s at Sydney’s Coogee Bay Hotel. In this period RLX were signed with Sony aﬃliate ICM (International Concert Management).
He then withdrew from the lights to start a family in the early 2000’s. In 2003 his passion for global themes of human rights, justice, power and citizenship saw him begin a degree in Political Science & International Studies. He graduated in 2009.
Coming out of musical hibernation in 2014, Paul began producing and releasing music as a solo artist. He has released 36 songs.
Paul writes, performs and produces all of his music.
Outside of music, Paul spends his downtime engaged in Science and Spiritual persuits.
- Signed to Sony affiliate ICM (1990’s)
- Headline act Selina’s (Sydney 1991)
- Headline act Lee’s Palace (Toronto 1993)
- Support act Bobcaygen Music Festival 1994
- ‘Don’t Place Me in the Past’ – 157,000 music video streams on Facebook in 2019
- ‘Who'll Stop the People’ and ‘Planet in Pain’ – both featured on Extinction Rebellion Radio London 2020
- ‘Who’ll Stop the People’ - Playlisted by Green Music Australia in 2020, on a list of music influencers alongside Paul McCartney, Billie Eilish, Depeche Mode and Gotye
- ‘EarthSEED (Wanderlust Mix)’, Playlisted by Spotify on their Release Radar (Jun 2022)
- ‘Who'll Stop the People (District 12 Mix)’ - Playlisted by Spotify on their Release Radar (Nov 2022)
- The Reckoning ~ 19 May 2014
- Chelsea ~ 2 Jun 2014
- Sand Dune ~ 11 Feb 2016
- Observer ~ 4 Apr 2016
- Willow ~ 3 Oct 2016
- Permanent Tide ~ 11 Nov 2016
- Two Shows - A Twin Flame Journey ~ 11 Nov 2018
- Early Leaver ~ 9 Apr 2019
- Mirror Soul ~ 10 Jun 2019
- Coffin Groom ~ 28 Oct 2019
- Don't Place Me in the Past (Radio Mix) ~ 1 Aug 2019
- Don't Place Me in the Past (Extended Mix) ~ 26 Jan 2020
- Who'll Stop the People ~ 24 May 2020
- Planet in Pain ~ 11 Sep 2020
- Planet in Pain (Adano Mix) ~ 21 Sep 2020
- You Give Me Gold ~ 18 Apr 2021
- I’ve Got This ~ 13 Aug 2021
- Even My White Shirt Is Black ~ 14 Jan 2022
- EarthSEED (Wanderlust Mix) ~ 27 May 2022
- Who'll Stop the People (District 12 Mix) - 25 Nov 2022
20 releases = 36 songs
Website photography includes artist pics by Tracie Tee Live Events & David Kan